Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm gonna be the movies ( at least my art work will be)


Pamela Boll, the women who produced "Born into Brothels" has just finished a documentry, titled "Who does she think she is?". It is about 5 women artists, visual, literary and performing, who against all odds continued to make art. Now, I am not one of the artists, but my artwork will be featured in some of the scenes. The movie is not up yet, but here is a link, that will eventually lead to more information. The actually took three of my paintings, but I don't have the others on digital yet, as soon as I do, I'll post them.


Me and one of my fellow conductors going on the NEW Tour

I am feeling a little frazzled now as I am  starting work tomorrow. Driving in circles and talking history, it can be a lot of fun, but after three tours a day, you are pretty wasted. I really love the people I work with, I have never laughed so much as when I am around these guys, and they are mostly guys. Remember in middle school, all the smart-ass guys who got sent down to the principles office for having a smart mouth, or being just a cut-up ? Ever wonder what happened to them? Well, I know, they all work for Old Town Trolley . They are a great bunch of guys, knowledgeable, irreverent, but now they have learned how, and when to be cut-ups. As jobs, go, if you have to work outside the studio, this is not a bad one to have. As a result of my working on weekends only, I will probably not have the energy to be blogging after work. So I will be posting Monday - Thursday, unless I get an unusual burst of energy, who knows it can happen.

3 comments:

Tracy Helgeson said...

Great news about the movie, Barbara! Cool! Good luck with work-and I am sure going back will feed into your paintings somehow.

barbara Poole said...

Thanks Tracy, I do try to compartmentalize my life. Which is why when I am driving I have a stage name. FRIDA after Frida Kahlo.

Adria Arch said...

Hi Barbara,
I saw the film yesterday!! Yay! I saw your awesome work in it. How cool is that? What a perfect place for your work, as part of that film. Congratulations! I hope things are going better for you now and that you will back at BG soon.

Adria