Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Disappointing Day











This is another image from my work up in Vermont. Sometimes you feel like the seagull and sometimes you feel like the statute. Today is one of those statute days for me. I had been planing to show this work with my brother in DC, but the only reason I was going to show it was to see my brother, whom I have not seen since I was 4. He informed that he will not be able to come to the opening, so I pulled out of the show. I know, it sounds kind of childless, but it was to be in some nothing non-profit and it was going to cost me a bunch of money I don't have, and I don't need another go no where line one my resume. So I said no. But it still makes me sad, now I have 7 paintings which I am quite pleased with but the do not fit into my other work. I think I will have to make more and find another outlet for them, someplace other than my own backyard, It will take a little investigation and research, but what else is new.

On another note, yesterday, I mentioned that I was gallery sitting at my co-operative the Bromfield Gallery and there is a great show up right now. Charles Goss, called vertical life. His work is funny and

 sophisticated and comments on gender and power without being pedantic Here is a sample of one of his pieces, you can see more of his work and read his statement by going to the Bromfield Gallery Site

No comments: