Friday, March 28, 2008

A Dreary Day in Beantown

This is another painting from my work at Vermont Studio Center, on of my favorites. I think of these paintings as landscapes that are on the edge of the real landscapes. The places you pass, going to an fro from your destinations. Not places you stop at for coffee, or go for a walk with your dog, they are the places you try to pretend don't exist, but quietly nature starts to reclaim.

I had a very productive day in the studio, I love it when it is grey and rainy outside, then I am not tempted to do anything else. I started gold leafing my little panels for my hula hoop project and am about 50% done. I am doing 15 of them and am excited as I usually have only done 3 or at the most 4 at a time. Now I will have a nice group to send to Studio Rose in Chicago for a group show of Boston Artists. The gallery is run by friend of mine Ginny Sykes, a wonderful artist in her own right. The two other artists exhibiting will be Sand T and Kim Salerno a performance and installation artist. Studio Rose is located in the Ravenswood section of Chicago and next door to Spacca Napoli Pizzeria, 1769 W. Sunnyside Ave, Chichago, IL.  The opening will be on May 29, and the pizza place will be open. It should be a fun exhibit.

No comments: